USB Redirector - powerful software for remoting USB devices
USB Redirector allows to use shared USB devices remotely through a local network, WLAN or Internet, just as if they were attached to your computer directly! USB Redirector provides quick resolution of your remote USB needs! It can act as both USB server and USB client, as well as there is a separate light-weight FREE client available. USB Redirector uses a regular TCP/IP connection for communication.
USB Redirector helps to:
- Access USB devices in Hyper-V virtual machine or any other virtual machine.
- Organize full-featured USB Server for users in your corporate or home network.
- Use USB devices on a computer where USB ports are damaged or missing.
- Redirect USB devices between computers in your home network or through the Internet.
- Redirect USB devices between Windows and Linux with the help of USB Redirector for Linux.
- Limit physical access to USB device, but make it available for users in your network.
USB Redirector works as a background service
It means you don't have to keep the app open all the time. Once you have finished configuring it, you can close the program. USB Redirector will continue to work even when no user is logged in or after reboot. All the devices that you have shared will remain shared.
Free client is available!
We provide a light-weight USB Redirector Client app that can be used to connect USB devices shared with full-featured USB Redirector. USB Redirector Client is absolutely free if you redirect devices between Windows-based computers (commercial license is required to connect to Linux-based systems). It is available for download in the Downloads section.
Redirect a USB device in 5 steps
- Step 1. Install USB Redirector on a computer where your USB device is physically attached. This computer will act as USB server.
- Step 2. Share required USB device on USB server:
Please note that shared USB device can not be used locally, because it is acquired for individual usage by remote USB clients! To make the device available locally again, you need to unshare it.
- Step 3. Install USB Redirector Client on a computer where you need to use USB devices remotely. This will be your USB client.
- Step 4. Create a direct connection from USB client to USB server or callback connection from USB server to USB client:
- Step 5. In the list of available USB devices select the needed one and click Connect:
- Result. Now you can use redirected USB device on a remote computer:
USB Redirector is licensed per USB server (it is a computer where USB devices are physically attached). You should purchase a license for each computer that will act as USB server. We offer different kinds of licenses that allow redirecting various number of USB devices at the same time. The license should be applied on USB server.
To connect USB devices on the remote computer you can use our FREE USB Redirector Client*.
* USB Redirector Client is free for connecting USB devices shared by USB Redirector. But it is payable for connecting USB devices shared by USB Redirector for Linux.
USB Redirector licenses start from USD 74.99, depending on the number of USB devices. There are quantity discounts if you purchase several licenses at once. Check the Purchasing page for details.
USB Redirector works on the following operating systems (both 32-bit and 64-bit).
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (SP3 or newer)
Windows Server (including Server Core and Hyper-V):
- Windows 2019
- Windows 2016
- Windows 2012 R2
- Windows 2012
- Windows 2008 R2
- Windows 2008
- Windows 2003 (SP1 or newer)