Scan Redirector RDP Edition - Scanner Redirection for Remote Desktop and Citrix
Scan Redirector RDP Edition allows scanning from your locally attached scanner into a Remote Desktop or Citrix session, including Amazon AWS and Azure AVD. It does not require any complicated setup and works right out of the box. The software consists of two parts: workstation part and server part. All you need is install workstation part on a local computer (where your scanner is attached) and server part on remote computer. After this you are ready to scan.
Scan Redirector supports any TWAIN or WIA scanners, it does not matter whether they attached to USB, SCSI or any other port of your computer. On the remote side, Scan Redirector supports scanning with any TWAIN-enabled or WIA-enabled applications. Scanner drivers are required only on the local side. Remote side does not require a driver.
Scan Redirector supports JPEG compression for the best scanning performance over Internet or low-bandwidth connections.
Scan Redirector RDP Edition is Useful When
- You are using VDI solutions and need to be able to scan inside a virtual desktop or virtual machine.
- You are using Terminal Servers and your users need to scan in their remote sessions. Scan Redirector will provide per-session isolation, so that users can use their own scanners only.
- You simply need to scan with your local scanner on a remote computer when working over Remote Desktop connection.
Scan Redirector RDP Edition installation process is very easy. The software consists of two parts: workstation part and server part, located inside the installation package. All you need is install workstation part on a local computer (where your scanner is attached) and server part on a remote computer. After that, restart remote session and you are ready to scan.
Virtually any TWAIN or WIA document scanners are supported. Including feeders, duplex scanners, check scanners, film scanners, etc. It does not matter whether the scanner is attached to USB, SCSI or any other port of your computer.
Scanning Applications Support
For scanning on a remote computer, you can use any TWAIN-enabled or WIA-enabled scanning applications, like electronic document management software, graphical/photo software, Electronic Medical Record (EMR) or Electronic Health Record (EHR) software, banking or financial document management applications, etc.
Remote Desktop and Citrix Support
Scan Redirector RDP Edition can be used with both Citrix and Remote Desktop connections, including RemoteApp, Citrix Virtual Apps and Citrix Desktops.
Integrated JPEG compression support highly increses the scanning speed over Internet with just barely noticable loss of image quality. Compression can be easily enabled or disabled, whether you need the best speed or the best image quality.
The software consists of two parts: workstation part and server part. Only the server part of Scan Redirector RDP Edition must be licensed, while the workstation part is FREE. One license allows to use the server part on one computer, multiple licenses must be purchased to use it on multiple computers.
The license allows certain number of simultaneous remote sessions (this mostly applies to terminal servers, where multiple users can be scanning at the same time).
Here are some licensing examples:
- When redirecting a scanner to a virtual machine, you need as many licenses as many virtual machines you have. If your virtual machines are not terminal servers, then it will be enough to purchase licenses with 1 user session.
- When redirecting a scanner to a remote session on terminal server, you need as many licenses as many terminal servers you have. The number of user sessions depends on how many users will be using scanner redirection.
- When redirecting a scanner between two regular computers, you need to purchase a license just for the computer that will be acting as Remote Desktop server.
Licenses start from USD 49.00, depending on the number of users that will be scanning at the same time. There are quantity discounts if you purchase several licenses at once. Check the Purchasing page for details.
Trial version is available for download in our Downloads section. It is fully-functional during 15 days and allows up to 2 user sessions.
Scan Redirector RDP Edition works on the following operating systems (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (SP3 or newer)
Windows Server (including Server Core and Hyper-V):
- Windows 2022 Server
- Windows 2019 Server
- Windows 2016 Server
- Windows 2012 R2 Server (Windows Desktop Experience feature must be installed to enable scanning support)
- Windows 2012 Server (Windows Desktop Experience feature must be installed to enable scanning support)
- Windows 2008 R2 Server (Windows Desktop Experience feature must be installed to enable scanning support)
- Windows 2008 Server (Windows Desktop Experience feature must be installed to enable scanning support)
- Windows 2003 Server (SP1 or newer)