IncentivesPro Forum Index IncentivesPro
Leading USB solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x USB Modems Shared - but cause BSOD on Client

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vexation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: 2x USB Modems Shared - but cause BSOD on Client Reply with quote

Per subject.

USB Redirector Server installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V Role Added.

Before sharing the modems, I can run Modem Diagnostics (via Control Panel) and all is fine.

If I share 1st modem, and then add on a 2008 R2 Guest with the USB Redirector Client - the Modem diagnostics pass within the Guest.

When I share the 2nd modem, and then add on the same 2008 R2 Guest with the USB Redirector Client, the first modem stops responding altogether and the second modem diagnostics pass.

Unfortunately with both modems added, I'm experiencing IRQ BSOD error messages.

I've tried moving one of the modems to a different physical server and installing the USB Server as a trial on their but experience the same issue within the guest.

Does anyone have any advice for working around this?
Peter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Could you please send us a minidump file by e-mail. This file is located in c:\windows\minidump directory and contains information about the BSOD. It may help to resolve the issue.

For now, it sounds like an issue with modem driver. Please make sure you are using the latest version and check if the modems are assigned with a different COM port number. Also, make sure to use the latest version of USB Redirector.
vexation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Hi!

Could you please send us a minidump file by e-mail. This file is located in c:\windows\minidump directory and contains information about the BSOD. It may help to resolve the issue.

For now, it sounds like an issue with modem driver. Please make sure you are using the latest version and check if the modems are assigned with a different COM port number. Also, make sure to use the latest version of USB Redirector.

Hi Peter,

I've sent this to the support e-mail address as requested.

Can confirm we're running the latest USB Server/Client release and both modems got different COM Ports.

It could be driver related as 1 is a USR Modem and the other a Startech Modem - it appears they both are happiest with the standard Agere USB Modem driver that was automatically installed. I hate USB modems.

Both modems works fine if I connect each to a different guest, it's only when I have both connected to the same guest that I experience the BSOD.

1st modem works fine until 2nd modem connected to guest. Then the 1st modem fails diagnostics and if the MS Fax service is running and trying to use the modem it tends to BSOD.

Kind regards,
Peter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sending the info. I was informed by the devs that it appears to be a problem with the old modem driver which does not support multiple modems simultaneously. You need to use newer driver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IncentivesPro Forum Index -> USB Redirector All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: