IncentivesPro Forum Index IncentivesPro
Leading USB solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB Redirector - Frequently Asked Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: USB Redirector - Frequently Asked Questions Reply with quote

I installed USB Redirector on my PC (OS - Windows XP) and shared my web cam. But second remote PC does not see it. Why shared devices are not seen?

To connect shared USB devices you need to install the copy of USB Redirector program or USB Redirector Lite on the second remote computer and add your first computer (where web cam plugged in) as USB Server. More information you can find in USB Redirector usage . So, after that you could see and connect shared USB devices.

I installed free USB Redirector Lite on PC but can’t share any USB device. How can I share USB device?

USB Redirector Lite is free program that works like USB Client ONLY, allowing to connect to the devices! So, you need to install USB Redirector program to share USB devices!

We have a network with 10 clients PC. We need to share an usb device on the server with the 10 clients at the same time. How we can do it?

Unfortunately Windows specificity does not allow several clients to work with shared USB device simultaneously. It is because USB device is initialized by the system on the certain client. And these settings are unique for it. So you can work with shared USB device one by one only using new InactiveTimeout feature.

I have installed USB REDIRECTOR on both server and laptop. I have shared the device on the laptop and it shows correctly in the usb-redirector software. When I login to the server and run usb-redirector and click on ADD USB SERVER, I type in the local ip address of the laptop and it comes up on the list, however I cannot see my shared usb camera in the list.

Remote computer must be successfully connected to computer where USB devices are shared so you could see shared USB devices. If connection was successfully, you can see an appropriate icon of remote computer in the window «USB Devices available for Connect». If the icon is grey, then connection failed. Please verify the connection with the remote computer and Firewall settings

My USB device is connected up to my office computer. This computer is in a local network over NAT. I want to connect shared device to my home PC. Is it possible to do?

Yes, it is possible! You just need to use new CallBack Connection feature. It allows connecting shared USB devices that are placed in a local network over NAT. Please follow step by step instruction to create CallBack connection.

I would like to know if your software will work under VmWare or VirtualPC?

Yes, USB Redirector is fully compatible with the latest versions of VmWare and VirtualPC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IncentivesPro Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: