IncentivesPro Forum Index IncentivesPro
Leading USB solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sharing based on serial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IncentivesPro Forum Index -> USB Redirector for Linux
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Sharing based on serial Reply with quote

First of all, thank you for a great product!

Im having a little trouble and was hoping for some help. Im running USBredirector for LInux on a RPi 3 (Raspbian Jessie) and its working great. Earlier ive been running on a different hardware for some time and using the autoshare feature.

Now that im rebuilding this using RPi 3 i was thinking about doing it differently, the autoshare function is good but has has a major drawback, it might share devices i dont want to share.

For example on the RPi 3 the network card is identified as an USB device and shared. That means the network will stop working on the device. Also RPi 3 does not have PS2 connectors for keyboard so if i need to connect a keyboard to USB it will be shared aswell.

I could use exclusions but they seem to be based on what physical USB port i connect the device to(even when using serialnumber in the addexclude command). This is not optimal for me.

So what i would like to do is to share a USB device using the serial, but same thing here. If i share a device with for example"-share -serial 123456" it gets shared, but if i then remove the device and attach it to another physical USB port it will not be shared.

Is this by design ? Seems to me that if i use a serial to share a device then i would want it to be shared regardless of what physical port its connected to.

Can i achieve this some other way ?

Another way to solve my problem would be to exclude physical USB ports so that i know that devices connected to a specific physical USB port will never be shared. Is this possible ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IncentivesPro Forum Index -> USB Redirector for Linux All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: