IncentivesPro Forum Index IncentivesPro
Leading USB solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows server 2019 permissions for webcam and stuff

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anef01

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject: Windows server 2019 permissions for webcam and stuff Reply with quote

Hello,
I am in the process of preliminary purchase testing and my goal is to connect USB webcam from Linux to Windows server 2019 TS. Now I use free linux version of USB Redirector together with trial Windows one.
While I work as an admin in windows terminal everything works fine. If I switch to regular unprivileged user I can no longer see camera in apps like Skype, Teams and so on as it becomes unavailable. The webcam is a combined USB device so I lose the audio also.
What can be done in order to provide smooth access for regular users? Is it possible to remove certain restrictions from Windows? What should be done to allow users manage their devices?
Thanks
Peter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Are you trying it in a Remote Desktop session? If so, you may need to use USB Redirector TS Edition. But in any case, it is not possible to use the audio function inside RDP session. It is a limitation of Windows, the only audio available in a remote session is Remote Audio.
anef01

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a controlled Linux environment with Internet access via RDP only, so I need some sort of USB redirection for cameras and stuff from underlying Linux to RDP session and to Windows server TS finally. I somehow managed to obtain audio stream from camera into Windows box together with video stream and redirected it to Skype. That makes it awesome for Admin user.
Not the same for regular user - just cannot make Skype or Teams find the device: it finds it, but then stops and writes that the device is busy. So I got stuck here.
Some sort of permissions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IncentivesPro Forum Index -> USB Redirector All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: