IncentivesPro Forum Index IncentivesPro
Leading USB solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB Redirector for Linux and Server 2016 DataCenter with TS Edition installed as trial.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    IncentivesPro Forum Index -> USB Redirector TS Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathleen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: USB Redirector for Linux and Server 2016 DataCenter with TS Reply with quote

Hello,

I installed with success USB Redirector for Linux - Server mode to Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS with Kernal 4.15.0-66-generic running and Redirector TS Edition on Server 2016 DataCenter in evaluation mode. Using xFreeRDP. Plan is to purchase if we get this working.

I am following the instructions on this link: https://www.incentivespro.com/cross-platform-usage.html But it gives me this:

usbsrv -l

Cannot connect to USB Redirector daemon.
Please make sure usbsrvd is loaded. If the module
is not loaded, please contact our support team.
Error log can be found at /var/log/usbsrvd.log

Unfortunately I cannot find a usbsrvd.log within that directory as it does not exist.

Then I found this link on how I need to patch rdesktop but having difficulty understanding it as I use xfreerdp. https://www.incentivespro.com/usb-server-rdp.html There is no rdp/rdesktop directory but I do find lots of patches with different names.

>What I am after : Creating Ubuntu as thin clients with USB redirector for Linux (Server Mode?) USB drives would be plugged in to the Ubuntu machine.

>Server 2016 DataCenter with TS edition installed. Users need access to USB devices they have connected to Ubuntu Machine. Currently eval version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a small amount of experience with Linux.

Thank you,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IncentivesPro Forum Index -> USB Redirector TS Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: