IncentivesPro Forum Index IncentivesPro
Leading USB solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Client cannot establish direct connection to server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ace21

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Client cannot establish direct connection to server Reply with quote

Hi,

I have installed the trial version of USB redirector to test whether it will work for my company's use-case.

SO, I have a windows 10 enterprise Laptop on which I have created a virtual machine using hyper-v. The VM is also a Windows 10 Enterprise edition.

I have installed the USB redirector on my laptop and the client on the VM.

The Laptop and VM are connected by internal virtual switch. I am able to create a callback connection to the USB redirector client from the laptop using USB redirector server by entering the IP address of the VM and TCP port 32033 on which the USB client is listening according to netstat -an

But when I go to the USB redirector client on the VM and try to add the server by providing the Laptop's IP address and TCP port 32032 on which USB server is listening, it just gives me error saying "Cannot Establish Direct Connection"
why is this so? why I cannot connect to server directly?

Is callback Compulsory?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you
[/img]
Peter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like something is blocking connections on laptop. It should be either virtual switch settings, firewall or antivirus. If your VM is on another subnetwork, it can be routing or NAT settings as well.
ace21

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not the firewall. Both on the laptop and VM the firewall is disabled. Also I can ping the laptop from the VM and I can ping the VM from the laptop.

Port 32032 (default port on the USB server) is open and listening on the laptop. I checked using netstat -ano.

Port 32033 is open and listening on the VM (Default port of the client, no way to change this).

And I am able to connect to the USB client and share the drive if I create a callback connection from the server.

But I can't add the server on the client.

any other suggestions?

[/quote]
Peter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our support technician has sent you an e-mail. Please work with them on this issue. Thanks.
ace21

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resolved it. I think it was a port issue. Reformatted and made new VM worked. Don't know exactly what caused it though.
Peter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Thanks for update!
Raul123

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Same Issue. need help Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Great! Thanks for update!

Same Issue. need help

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IncentivesPro Forum Index -> USB Redirector All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: