Scan Redirector RDP Edition - Simple Scanner Redirection over Remote Desktop Connection
Scan Redirector RDP Edition is easy to use software, which allows scanning from your locally attached scanner in a remote desktop session. It does not require any complicated setup procedures and works right out of the box. The software consists of two parts: workstation part and server part. All you need is install workstation part on a local computer (where your scanner is attached) and server part on remote computer. After this you are ready to scan.
Scan Redirector supports any TWAIN or WIA scanners, it does not matter whether they attached to USB, SCSI or any other port of your computer. On the remote side, Scan Redirector supports scanning with any TWAIN-enabled application. Scanner drivers are required only on the local side. Remote side does not require a driver.
Scan Redirector RDP Edition installation process is very simple. All you need is install workstation part on a local computer (where your scanner is attached) and server part on remote computer.
Virtually any TWAIN or WIA document scanners are supported. Including feeders, duplex scanners, check scanners, film scanners, etc. It does not matter whether the scanner is attached to USB, SCSI or any other port of your computer.
Scanning Applications Support
For scanning on the remote computer, you can use any TWAIN-enabled scanning software, like electronic document management software, graphical/photo software, Electronic Medical Record (EMR) or Electronic Health Record (EHR) software, banking or financial document management applications, etc.
Scan Redirector RDP Edition works on the following operating systems (both 32 and 64-bit):
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003 Server
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2008 Server (Windows Desktop Experience feature must be installed to enable scanning support)
- Windows 7
- Windows 2008 R2 Server (Windows Desktop Experience feature must be installed to enable scanning support)
- Windows 8
- Windows 2012 Server (Windows Desktop Experience feature must be installed to enable scanning support)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 2012 R2 Server (Windows Desktop Experience feature must be installed to enable scanning support)
- Windows 10
Only the Server part of Scan Redirector RDP Edition must be licensed. The Workstation part is FREE. One license allows to use the Server part on one computer, multiple licenses must be purchased to use it on multiple computers.
The license allows certain number of simultaneous remote sessions (this mostly applies to Terminal Servers, where several users can be scanning at the same time).
Here are some licensing examples:
- When redirecting a scanner to a virtual machine, you need as much licenses as much virtual machines you have. If your virtual machines are not terminal servers, then it will be enough to purchase licenses with 1 user session.
- When redirecting a scanner to a remote session on Terminal Server, you need as much licenses as much Terminal Servers you have. The number of user sessions depends on how much users will be using scanner redirection.
- When redirecting a scanner between two regular computers, you need to purchase a license only for the computer that will be acting as Remote Desktop server.
Trial version is available for download in our Downloads section. It is fully-functional during 15 days and allows up to two user sessions.